Karen's Garden Delights
Last updated: 12-Jan-15 17:09
Calendar of Events:`
- Thu, 08-Jan - Mid Ohio Growers Conference, "Growing & Using Greens Year Round"
- Sat, 07-Feb, 1:00-2:30 - Wholesome Valley Farm, "Papermaking"
- Tue, 17-Feb, 6:00 - Local Roots Wooster, "The Benefits of Bone Broth"
- Sat, 28-Feb, 9:00-3:00 - Small Farm Solutions, Kidron, Brochure
- Mon, 07-Mar, 10:00-12:00 - Wholesome Valley Farm, "Cheesemaking"
- Sat, 25-Apr, 10:00 - The Wilderness Center, Wilmot, "Medicinal Herbs in the Yard"
- Wed, 29-Apr, 11:00 - Wadsworth Preschool, "Herbs & Edible Flowers
- Mon, 29-Jun, 2:00 - Maple Terrace, Orville, "Nostalgic Flowers"
- Wed, 14-Oct, - Fermentation Class, Lehmans, Kidron
- Sat, 21-Oct, - Fermentation Class, Lehmans Warehouse, Dalton
- Sat, 23-Oct, - Organic Farm Conference, Mt Hope
- Sat, 14-Nov, - "Preserving for Maximum Nutrition", Lehmans, Kidron
2015 Demos at Lehmans Store in Kidron
- Thursdays & occasional Saturdays, April thru November 2015, 10:00-2:00
We enjoy sharing what we are learning with others. Listed are several programs I have presented for garden clubs, church groups, schools, library programs, etc. The months listed are peak times for bringing beautiful samples.
- The Delights of Eating with the Seasons
- Eating Local around the Calendar
- Gourmet Salad Gardening (April-June, Sept-Oct)
- Heirloom veggies (Aug/Sept)
- Beautiful Things from the Garden
- Edible Flowers (May-Oct)
- Edible Weeds (May-Oct)
- Flower Crafts - hollyhock dolls, daisy chains, cornhusk dolls and more
The charge for conferences starts at $200 plus expenses. Local small groups starting at $50.
Hands on Seminars
You choose a topic, invite friends to your home, and I will share input and demonstrations plus give out handouts, tasters, etc. Seminars are 1-1/2 to 2 hours and the cost is $10-15/person depending on topic. This is a great alternative to a Tupperware or candle party and everyone still has a chance to fellowship plus go home with new skills to try.
- Cold Frame seminar (Aug/Sept)
- Home Dairy - making butter, yogurt and soft cheese
- Basic Cheesemaking - soft cheese varieties plus a simple hard cheese
- Growing and Cooking with Herbs - easy basics for busy cooks
- Growing Heirloom Vegetables and Seed Saving
- Growing and Arranging Cut Flowers - ideas for varieties, planting schedules and vases
- Using Nourishing Traditions cookbook - ideas on lacto-fermentation, soaking grains, etc
- Making sauerkraut and other lacto-fermented vegetables
- Papermaking - a great recycled craft, participants design 2 handmade cards to take home
- Growing and using medicinal herbs (May-Oct)
- Wild Herb Walks (Jun-Oct)
To schedule an event, contact Karen at 330 857-1995 or email me.